Darkov is a resort complex in the city of Karvina in the northeast of the Czech Republic, near the border with Poland (5 km).
The exceptional natural wealth of iodine-bromine water, modern treatment methods and the professionalism of doctors are the three components of the high efficiency of treatment at Darkov Spa. The amazing successes of the Darkov Spa in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system made it one of the most popular resorts in the Czech Republic.
Darkov consists of two complexes located on the territory of one city and remote from each other at a distance of 4 km: “Darkov hospitals” and “Rehabilitation Center”.
CHARITY OF DARK
Darkov Hospital consists of eight spa buildings – villas with their own names, declared cultural monuments – it provides comfortable accommodation and is located in a beautiful spa park with an area of 17 hectares, not far from the historic city center. Patients with diseases of the musculoskeletal system and diseases of the circulatory system are treated here. Since the summer of 2007, resort patients and city customers have been using the new Recovery Center.
Diseases recommended for treatment in the Dark Hospital:
1. Conditions after injuries of the musculoskeletal system and operations on bones and joints of limbs;
2. Conditions after intervertebral disc surgery and spinal stenosis;
3. The consequences of damage to tendons, ligaments, subcutaneous adipose tissue, skeletal muscle;
4. Post-traumatic cicatricial, tenogenic and neurogenic contractures of the extremities;
5. Diseases of tendons, ligaments, striated muscles, including rheumatic etiology;
6. Deforming, post-traumatic arthrosis of the joints of the extremities (coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, etc.);
7. Osteochondrosis with pain syndrome of functional or degenerative origin;
8. Nonspecific arthritis; rheumatoid arthritis of the I-IV stage (including juvenile forms);
9. Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis);
10. Seronegative spondyloarthropathies (psoriatic syndrome, Reiter’s syndrome), reactive (parainfection) chronic arthritis;
11. Arthropathies for blood diseases (hemophilic), for diseases of the endocrine system (for acromegamy, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, diabetic arthropathy), for pulmonary diseases (hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy), for neurological diseases (arthrosis with lowering the pain threshold of sensitivity);
12. Diseases caused by metabolic disorders, with joint damage (gout, chondrocalcinosis – false gout), chronic arthropathy;
13. Violation of the function of peripheral circulation;
14. Vascular diseases with a primary lesion of the lower extremities – obliterating endarteritis of atherosclerotic or inflammatory genesis – stage I-II;
15. Condition after thrombosis and thrombophlebitis in remission (it is recommended to start treatment no earlier than 3 months after exacerbation), condition after surgery for varicose veins;
16. Chronic insufficiency of lymphatic vessels, lymphostasis;
Up Last changes: 04/05/2011
Rehabilitation sanatorium is a newer resort hospital. It was founded in 1976. It consists of a complex of interconnected buildings, all services are provided “under one roof”. It treats diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as spinal diseases, conditions after operations and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, conditions after implantation of artificial joints, as well as neurological diseases, including conditions after strokes. Thanks to its new centers (“Recovery Center” and “World of Vitality”), the sanatorium is also intended for relaxation and relaxation.
Indications for treatment in the “Rehabilitation Center”:
1. Radicular syndromes of vertebral origin;
2. Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system (conditions after suffering meningitis, encephalitis with spastic and paretic symptoms);
3. Hemiparesis, paraparesis of vascular origin with a tendency to restore function without significant changes in the psyche;
4. Conditions after injuries, operations on the central and peripheral nervous system with motor disorders, but with a tendency to restore motor function;
5. Vertebral pain syndrome of functional or degenerative origin, systematically treated;
6. Idiopathic scoliosis, scoliosis of various genesis with a degree of curvature up to 60 degrees according to Cobb (1-2-3 degree of scoliosis) systematically treated;
7. Conditions after injuries of the musculoskeletal system, operations on bones and joints, including operations of the intervertebral disc and stenosis of the spinal canal;
8. Condition after orthopedic surgery using joint prosthetics;
9. Preoperative preparation before joint prosthetics operations;